21 March 2020
Kia ora all
With our tour beginning in May 2020, it's hard to predict what the "landscape" will be like then.
Alongside government advice, we are developing our own virus-spread mitigation policy which includes
- All audience contact sections of the show are replaced
- Artists to hand sanitise before and after signing in
- Tour vehicle regularly sanitised
- Increased understudy programme, any actor coughing or sneezing to be isolated and replaced immediately.
- Zero physical contact between actors and school staff or students
We're able to financially cope with a couple of dozen cancellations, and we are also waiting to find out if Creative New Zealand's response package is going to be able to help us continue the tour with lower booking numbers, however if we are seeing 100, 200 or 300 cancellations and cannot get help then we will be unable to proceed with the tour. So to that end, if your school is developing policies that affect our performance we ask you to get in touch as soon as you can (we recognise that it is early days for schools too).